Melon is one of the nutritious fruits that provides vitamins and lots of fluids that contain about 0.7 grams of fiber per 100 grams and also contains carbohydrates, vitamin A and vitamin C, potassium, calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus.
But there are still many people who are reluctant to buy it because melons cannot last long. But it turns out that melons can last up to 40 days if the storage method is right.
- Take full melon and pest and disease free
- Clean the surface from soil or dirt
- Prepare small and clean containers, fill hot water with a temperature of 57-60 degrees Celsius
- Enter some melons and place the board over it to drown.
- After 3 minutes, remove and drain the fruit to dry.
- Put it in a plastic bag one by one, remove the air from the plastic bag and tie it with a rope.
- Store melon in refrigerator 8. Melon stays fresh for 20-40 days
Well, now you know how to store it. For that, do not be reluctant to buy for consumption because melon turns out to last up to 40 days